Bids must be physically submitted to:
Seneca City Hall - 106 A Avenue,
PO Box 208,
Seneca, OR, 97873.
No fax, email, or telephone bids will be accepted.
mORE pHOTOS aVAILABLE UPON REQUEST for serious buyers only
Section 7. Disposition of Personal Property.
A. The City Council shall have the authority to determine when personal property owned by the City is surplus.
B. The City Council shall determine when all other property is to be considered surplus.
C. The City Council shall select the method of disposal which maximizes the value the city will realize from disposal of the surplus property. Surplus personal property shall be disposed of as follows:
1. Sold to the highest qualified buyer meeting the sale terms when the value of each item so offered is less than two thousand dollars and the sale has been advertised at least once in a newspaper of general circulation in the City of Seneca area not less than one week prior to the sale;
2. Traded in on the purchase of replacement equipment or supplies;
3. Sold at public auction advertised at least once in a newspaper of general circulation in the Grant County area not less than one week prior to the auction. The published notice shall specify the time, place and terms upon which the personal property shall be offered and a general description of the personal property to be sold;
4. Sold at a fixed price retail sale if doing so will result in substantially greater net revenue to the city; or
5. Contracted for use, operation or maintenance by one or more private or public entities. Prior to approval of such a contract, the City Council shall determine that the contract will promote the economic development of the city.
D. All personal property sold pursuant to this section shall be sold as-is without any warranty, either express or implied, of any kind.
E. Sales of surplus personal property may be conducted electronically.